Friday 28 September 2012

A Wrong Mistake


Many fantasies were unscathed, there you lined up once,
And I was almost sure of my life taking no such turn,
Until you knocked on the door wearing that smile,
Only to observe the distance between our worlds shrinking by a mile,
All apathies confiscated, all strangeness dissolved,
By that sole look of yours, an adolescent was born.
Your past wrangles with me, I conjure to overlook,
For nothing seems stronger facing my yearning for you.
Been betrayed too often, I fancy to falsify the fall,
But warnings barely help, for I cannot control.
You must be the dream of many; there is no reason against,
And so you spurred another dream, there are no amendments.
Abandon my world for nothing sets free my insecurity,
And that I’d be sure of your words; is a distant possibility.
No matter how much I wish, please do not say a word untrue,
For a buoyant heart then, would write your name even in dew.
Lie down, unwind and go back to yesterday,
For the smile you shared with her,
Tickled a tear somewhere, the least to say.
It was my silent gaze into your eyes,
An impulsive up thrust of love, it seemed,   
I sensed you near; I held you close, when
A dream came true, in my dreams.
When someone loitered for long at the door,
You shouldn’t have tapped and drifted apart. 
You shouldn’t have stroked a hopeful heart.     

4 comments:

  1. very well expressed ...amazed at the metaphors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously surprised at the depth at such an age...Good work...keep it up...always a pleasure reading your stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Nikita Di! Really, that brought a big smile! :)

    ReplyDelete