Tuesday 10 July 2012

The Last Hug


Walking beside you with an unrivaled trust,
Treasuring the last moments, for soon part we must,
Rupture the silence; I am looking up to you,
For this might never overpower again, a feeling so true,
Those few words, I have longed to hear from you,
Right time long passed by, I am still waiting in woe.
Failing to accept what I want to, a strange state of unrest,
For who’s a criminal, until confessed?
People share laughs, people share tears,
Who could ever have known, we shared the same fears.
Being left with ‘God is rude’ and statements like that,
Time passed in a blackout and there started the flashback,
A journey that had no beginning, a journey that met no end,
And before the present could come, we sneaked into past tense.
So strong I struggle to stand, memories again make me slip,
Moments tough to let go are tougher to stand with.
I remember your last smile and it still rips my soul apart,
I remember the last hug, unwilling to let go of the past,
With moist eyes today, I think of myself as a fool,
For I naively thought it meant, you wanted to see me soon.
I will comprehended this silence one day, no matter how tough,
But for all I know today is,
That sometimes being one is also not close enough. 

4 comments:

  1. 1) Context is very clear.
    2) Words used are simple and straight forward, still ample to convey the message, that's the best part.
    3) It seems as if the transformation of your deep imagination/thoughts into what I can call this poem as "magnum opus" has come out of some real life first hand experience. Is it?

    - Deepak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you BloodSurfer :)
    Magnum Opus thrilled me for a while! And no real life experience, trust me if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People share laughs, people share tears,
    Who could ever have known, we shared the same fears.
    Being left with ‘God is rude’ and statements like that....were the best lines for me.
    Good one indeed...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akash :)
    Thank you! Quoting the best lines has never failed to boost up the confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete